2017 Scene and Story #5


It had been raining for days, and it would continue to rain until there was widespread flooding in our region.

One afternoon for about an hour though, the sun reached through a break in the clouds. When the quality of light changed, everyone in the house turned their faces to the windows. They started moving a little faster.

It was as if we had all been on slo-mo and only just realized it.

I grabbed my camera and took one of my kids to the park. I'm not sure we spoke words. We slid on our rain boots and left.

This is the series of photos I shot while my son scouted for photogenic wildlife and jumped in puddles.



This is my favorite. It looks like heaven to me:




The light is hopeful. The varied green tones are refreshing. 
This picture is what I want my brain to feel like on the inside.




Spring Day Haiku:

More happy snapshots 
of a short, glorious hour 
the sun remembered











A squirrel playing peek-a-boo









For all of 2017, I'm joining Sarah from Paisley Rain Boots and Lee from Sea Blue Lens for a monthly Scene and Story Linkup. Visit them and all the other contributors. They are my photography inspiration!

24 comments:

  1. So glad you grabbed your camera and went out to play between the rain drops. That is always my favorite time, the light is just right and the colors are so intense. The greens have been spectacular this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I'm getting better about having the camera ready to go. Through the Scene and Story Linkup, I'm drilling down to who I really. It's been quite a surprise since I thought I already knew. :)

      Delete
  2. I love that first photo you chose for this month's Scene and Story. The greens are so lush and fresh looking from the rain. Nature really is wonderful right after the rain! I can feel your happiness at being outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It took some time for me to decide why that photo was so "me." It is instantly calming.

      Delete
  3. Love these photos, I almost missed the squirel and your son looks like he's having fun. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the light and the intensity of the fresh colors. And your son really enjoys himself! What a beautiful moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that squirrel peeking out. Your son looks like he is having a great time. Love that picture of him splashing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He could have played there for hours. :)

      Delete
  6. When you wrote, "this is what I want my brain to feel like on the inside," I had to just sit with that for a minute. Cool green, calm, peaceful, fresh and clean, I could feel what you meant, and I'm going to be carrying this image with me for a while. The squirrel, the robin, and your playful son all seem to share your pleasure in getting outside after the rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a unique experience. I didn't expect to love those leaf pictures so much.

      Delete
  7. Looks like a great time with your son. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My only regret - I should have taken a picture of our rain boots. :)

      Delete
  8. I haven't jumped in puddles in a long time, maybe I need to do that...it looks like fun. :)
    The sun shining on raindrops after a long rain is a little slice of heaven. I love the squirrel playing peekaboo too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made the most of that gift of an hour of sunshine, and had someone special to share it with. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! It has become a weekly ritual in our house.

      Delete
  10. How fun! To just put on yours boots and go play in the rain! I agree, the spring greens are heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, the squirrel! How cute is he? I have a bit of a 'thing' for squirrels. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. They have so much personality. There was another pic of him playing chase with a second squirrel. They were both airborne!

      Delete
  12. I love your photos and the squirrel is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!