Living in Two Worlds

I am officially participating in NaNoWriMo again this year. This really means that I am living in two worlds: the regular, mundane world of mom business & the exciting world of fantasy fiction.

It's my second time attempting National Novel Writing Month. Last year was a reality check - a fantastic "growth experience," I like to call it.

My goal is to write 2100 words a day of fiction. This translates into 3 writing sprints of 45 minutes each. No internet, no phone, and no cleaning. That last part might sound strange, but I can honestly admit that I dusted the top of my kitchen cabinets last week purely to avoid writing.

I have completed 1 sprint of the 90 sprints for the month. I thought that warranted a blog post. I need to celebrate that fact that I am actually doing what I set out to do. Not only that, but it is now 1.1% completed!

As an amusing side note, I thought I'd include a list of some of the things I've googled while researching for my book.



THINGS I'VE GOOGLED WHILE 
RESEARCHING FOR MY STORY


1. Are maggots safe to eat?


2. Bald eagle poacher high on drugs



This picture cracks me up.


3. French surnames in 1900 Missouri

4. Supershear earthquakes

5.  Is comeuppance a real word?

6. Minerals found in southern Illinois caves

7. Sexiest name for male protagonist (because my husband insisted I not use his name.)

8. Ways to die in Shawnee forest (Answer: Hypothermia & Water-born illness are the most common. Since these seemed decidedly un-romantic, I went with falling off the magnificent bluffs along the river.)





I'll keep you posted on my progress with NaNoWriMo & my googling.

It's time to slip back into my fantasy world. Ready, Set, Go!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I laughed over your list of research topics. The only one I know the answer to is #5 - yes, definitely. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!