Big Love, Bigger Love, Biggest Love



First, the highlights of a piece I love by Raquel Vasallo at MindyBodyGreen:

How do you know you're living your purpose in this life?

You no longer have a nagging feeling that something is missing.

Work brings you joy.

You're not hiding parts of who you are.

You don't play small anymore and know that the world needs your best self.

You don't fear frustration and uncertainty. 

You aren't seeking approval and validation from others.

You're patient with yourself and others around you because you trust the process and flow of life.



I believe my purpose in this life is to forge the kind of biggest love that Jesus Christ embodied.  Having children, being humbled by mistakes, and healing through writing are all steps toward that goal. 

I plan to keep growing and practicing it until it becomes my default setting.  I won't have to remind myself to be compassionate, loving, and impeccable with my words.  It will simply be who I am.
  
A wise person said to me recently that we always like to think we know better. I used to think that I needed to know every "what" and "how" and "why" because it made me feel in control. In fact, when I relinquish control it is superbly liberating and glorious.  It makes my love even bigger.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!