Baptease


Baptease:  

Someone who is contemplating baptism, but can't quite decide if it's for them.  Also, keeps calling the church members over to discuss doctrine and getting their hopes up.




Baptease (in Red)

Trusted Confidant (in Black)



"Why would I decide to join a monolithic organization/religion by being baptized in one specific church?  Can't I just keep increasing in light and love as I have been on my own, setting an example for others?"

"Sure, but what do you think baptism is for?"

"I guess I can't articulate that."

"Christ said to do as he did.  If he, as a perfect being, needed to be baptized, wouldn't we?"

"Of course."

"Baptism by water is a symbol.  It is symbolic of your commitment to follow whatever direction you may be given by Heavenly Father and to do whatever is asked of you.  You intend to follow in Christ's path.  Not your own ego."



"That sounds like giving away my personal power."

"If you were perfectly aligned with your God-self, you would seek exactly what Christ would seek, correct?"

"Right..."

"So, you are essentially announcing your commitment to your higher God-self as well as to the undercurrent of peace within you.  Do those words make you feel better about it?"

"I think it gives me a more complete understanding of what it means to be baptized."

"Would you suddenly, upon being baptized, lose your ability to choose for yourself?"

"No."

"That is the only way you can give away your personal power - by letting yourself think that you don't have any choices."

"Right."

"That also means you have the ability to choose which church functions you attend, however, you are still responsible for the consequences of your actions.  Know that through faith, sacrifice and obedience you will grow in spirit."

"Okay."

"It may also help you to remember that I believe you prearranged this path for yourself in the pre-mortal realm.  You and Heavenly Father composed this infinitely beautiful and intricate symphony together.  That is why going against your instincts, not listening to your gut leads to pain."

"I love hearing that still small voice."

"What is that voice urging you to do now?"



2 comments:

  1. That is one brilliant "Trusted Confidant." I wish we could all articulate answers to doctrinal questions so well. What a challenging conversation, though. I can't wait to read more. I'm so sorry I'm so behind on your life. All I can say is that I am thrilled you are writing this all down, so that I CAN get caught up!! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you so much, Kim. When I talk to this brilliant person, I can feel her seemingly effortless ability to tap into ultimate truths. It is surreal and leaves me digesting this truth for months.

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think!