Favorite Quotes from Some of My Favorite Books

Words, arranged in just the right order, make me happy and elevate my consciousness.   Reading just happens to be my easiest mood power-up.



Pa said, 'They's change a-comin'. I don' know what.  Maybe we won't live to see her.  But she's a comin'.  They's a res'less feelin'.  Fella can't figger nothin' out, he's so nervous.
Grapes of Wrath, John Steinbeck

This tense statement, thick with anxiety and even hope, is an artful representation of the whole stark story.  I felt myself barely able to breathe throughout the entire book.  That is powerful language.




One thing that comes out in myths is that at the bottom of the abyss comes the voice of salvation.  The black moment is the moment when the real message of transformation is going to come.  At the darkest moment comes the light.
 The Power of Myth, Joseph Campbell with Bill Moyers

This is the kind of book that you can open to any page and start reading to find an incredible new perspective on life.



What a person learns in a classroom is how to be a person in a classroom

Build more, consume less
Unschooling Rules,  Clark Aldrich

 These are two chapter titles of the book that stretched my brain on how we educate our children.



Through the use of...partnership models...we can also begin to transcend the conventional polarities between right and left, capitalism and communism,  religion and secularism, and even masculinism and feminism.
 The Chalice and the Blade, Riane Eisler

I take it as a very positive sign when people get past certain labels and cut to the core idea behind the politically-tainted words.  This usually requires people to free themselves from old stories first.



If you have any favorite quotes or books, please share them with me in the comments section below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!